Airy Guanaja dark chocolate with raspberry-pepper sorbet by Matthias Moser
Matthias Moser, award-winning chef and QimiQ Executive Chef, has learned and cooked in the best hotels. Hilton/Vienna, Hotel Victoria Ritter/Bern, Hotel Alpine Deluxe/Obergurgl, Adventure Catering/Vienna, Hotel Fürberg/Sankt Gilgen, among others. As head chef at the Jeunes Restaurateurs d`Europe member Kirchenwirt in Leogang/Salzburg, he earned two toques in 2017 with 15 points in the Gault Millau. He stands for creativity, perfection and above all regionality.
For the raspberry and paprika sorbet
- 45 g QimiQ Classic
- 500 g Boiron raspberry puree
- 70 g jam sugar
- 90 g red pepper(s), diced
- 30 g sugar
For the fluffy guanaja dark chocolate
- 450 g QimiQ Sauce Base
- 80 g egg yolk
- 100 g egg(s)
- 80 g sugar
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 10 ml rum
- 400 g Valrhona Guanaja 70% dark chocolate
- 300 g egg white
- 50 g sugar
- For the raspberry and paprika sorbet: Briefly boil 1/3 of the raspberry puree with the preserving sugar.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend.
- Pour into a Pacojet cup and freeze.
- For the fluffy guanaja dark chocolate: Mix the QimiQ Sauce Base with the egg yolks, eggs, sugar, salt and rum and heat to 70 °C. Remove from the heat. Remove from the heat.
- Add the dark chocolate, stir until dissolved and blend with a hand blender.
- Beat the egg whites with the sugar until stiff and fold in.
- Pour into moulds and leave to cool thoroughly.
- Pacify the raspberry and pepper sorbet and serve with the fluffy Guanaja dark chocolate.