White Chocolate Passion Fruit Pralines by Ramon Mayer
Ramon Mayer, chef de cuisine and QimiQ Executive Chef, has conjured up a sweet temptation for you. From London to LA and back to Lech, Ramon has cooked everywhere. Now he delights us in the beautiful Hof near Salzburg as a recipe and product developer.
For the white chocolate mousse
- 200 g QimiQ Whip
- 25 g sugar
- 130 g cream cheese
- 220 g white chocolate
For the passion fruit jelly
- 400 g fruit puree passion fruit
- 6 g pectin
- 6 g agar-agar
For the chocolate ice cream
- 200 g QimiQ Classic
- 80 g jam sugar
- 150 ml milk
- 300 g chocolate
For the passion fruit spuma
- 200 g QimiQ Whip
- 150 g sour cream 15 % fat
- 50 ml milk
- 200 g fruit puree passion fruit
- 60 g white chocolate
For the milk crumbles
- 150 ml vegetable oil
- 50 g butter
- 50 g whole milk powder
For the passion fruit paper
- 500 g fruit puree passion fruit
- 10 g pectin
- For the white chocolate mousse: Lightly whip the cold QimiQ Whip, making sure that it also reaches the bottom of the kettle.
- Add the sugar and cream cheese and whip until the desired volume is reached.
- Fold in the melted white chocolate.
- Fill and freeze.
- For the passion fruit jelly: Bring the passion fruit puree with the pectin and agar-agar to the boil and simmer for approx. 3 minutes.
- Process at 80 °C.
- For the chocolate ice cream: Heat the preserving sugar with the milk to 85 °C, pour over the chocolate and mix well with QimiQ Classic.
- Pour into a Pacojet beaker, freeze at -24 °C for approx. 10 hours and pacotise.
- For the passion fruit spuma: Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Pour into an iSi Gourmet Whip, twist in 1 cream cap and chill for 30 minutes.
- For the milk crumbles: Heat the oil and butter together to 150 °C.
- Stir in the milk powder and caramelise (golden).
- Strain and dry for 3 hours.
- For the passion fruit paper: Bring the passion fruit puree with the pectin to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour thinly onto a silkmate and dry at 50 °C for 24 hours.