Smoked Fish Terrine by Gernot Sallai-Gallo
Gernot Sallai-Gallo is the chef at the fabulous Das Johann in the Kursalon Wien. In the middle of the first district, Das Johann is a wonderful restaurant for a chic lunch or dinner. Let yourself be charmed by the historic ambience and the excellent seasonal Viennese cuisine. Gernot Sallai-Gallo has conjured up something sensational for you: a delicate smoked fish terrine!
Ingredients for 28 appetiser portions
For the stock
- 250 ml water
- 10 g spices ( coriander, dill, fennel, caraway)
- Smoked fish waste (skin, carcasses)
For the smoked fish terrine
- 200 ml smoked fish stock
- 800 g smoked fish (½ minced, ½ diced as a garnish)
- 600 g QimiQ Classic
- 100 ml cream
- 50 g dill chopped
- Lemon, salt, pepper
- Mix everything together and cook for 3 minutes.
- Immediately strain through a fine hair sieve and leave to cool.
Smoked fish terrine
- Mix the QimiQ Classic with the spices in a mixer until smooth.
- Then whip on the highest setting and add the liquid cream.
- Continue to whisk for approx. 10 minutes.
- Add the cold smoked fish stock and the chopped dill.
- Fold in the minced and diced smoked fish.
- Pour into lined moulds and chill for at least 6 hours, covered.